A subsidiary of Admiral Group plc that was founded in 2009, Elephant Insurance prides itself on a customer-centric focus and a company that is “big, strong, and built to last” while at the same time be like elephants that are “kind, caring, and look out for their herd.” Currently, their insurance is available in Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia.
As a consumer of Elephant Insurance, you will enjoy a variety of insurance options like homeowners, renters and auto insurance. When you have more than one type of insurance with Elephant, it offers some great bundle discounts (varies by state).
Compare Affordable Car Insurance Rates
Elephant auto insurance overview
As part of its customer-centric promise, Elephant tries to make finding and getting auto insurance as simple as a few clicks. For customers who seek a more person-to-person approach, Elephant also offers the same level of service by phone. All Elephant policies, including auto insurance, are sold directly from Elephant to the consumer.
After a thorough review of Elephant’s website, we dug deeper to discover other important factors like customer satisfaction ratings, financial stability and overall business rating. Although Elephant is not yet rated by J.D. Power or AM Best, we did discover its A+ BBB rating as well as an A1 (stable) Moody’s score. We also reviewed customer feedback, where Elephant received a 4.2 out of 5 rating on Google reviews.
|J.D. Power Rating||AM Best Rating||BBB Rating||Moody’s|
|Rating||Not rated||Not rated||A+||A1||4.2/5|
Elephant insurance rates
Auto insurance rates are dependent on a number of important factors. As a result, it is difficult to find stated rates on auto insurance provider websites. To provide accurate premium information to consumers, Elephant needs to know things like age, gender, location, own/rent status, marital status, vehicle type and age and driving record.
Using Elephant’s online quoting process, we input some basic data to get a quote. A 30-year-old male in Tennessee driving a 2015 Honda Accord EX, drives 10,000 to 12,000 miles per year, is single and has a clean driving record would pay around $177 per month for Elephant auto insurance. The online quoting feature allows you to then customize your coverage amounts based on your needs and then updates your cost on the screen for you to see.
Upon review, Elephant’s insurance rates fall on the higher end of the range of average auto insurance rates. Again, we used Tennessee for our assessment. There are only 3 out of 31 auto insurers in Tennessee with average annual premiums higher than Elephant’s.
Elephant auto insurance review
Elephant offers a variety of different auto insurance coverage options. Elephant offers bodily injury liability, collision, property damage liability and comprehensive coverages.
Additionally, you can add other optional coverages like emergency roadside coverage, medical payments, other than collision, rental reimbursement, loan lease payoff, custom equipment and legal assistance.
We were surprised by some of the unique discounts offered by Elephant. Discount possibilities include:
- Bundle discounts
- Multiple-policy discounts
- Good driver discounts
- Homeowner discounts
- Good student discounts
- Paid-in-full discounts
- Online quote discount
- Electronic signatures
- Paperless billing and statements
Other unique features
Elephant offers 24/7 claims service either online or by telephone. This means no business-hour delays in filing a claim or checking its status. Elephant also offers the option to purchase a 12-month policy.Customers report satisfaction with this option as many insurers only offer 6-month policies.
Not every company works for every person. Here are some of Elephant’s top competitors that you might consider if Elephant isn’t what you’re looking for.
- Allstate: Founded in 1931, Allstate has a rich history of providing insurance to American consumers. As a result, its “you’re in good hands” promise may be validated by many years of proof while Elephant is a much newer company and lacks some of the ratings the older companies like Allstate have.
- Geico: Known for its savings promising gecko, consumers may discover lower rates on auto insurance with Geico. Geico has been around for over 80 years and has a long-standing reputation for making auto insurance easy for its customers.
- Progressive: Boasting over 18 million customers, Progressive has a leg up on innovative technology, making its website one of the best websites of auto insurance providers we’ve seen. Though all your insurance needs can be taken care of on the website, Progressive also employs local agents to provide a one-on-one personalized customer approach.
- State Farm: State Farm is another tried and true auto insurance provider. Founded in 1922, State Farm is a nationally recognized name and earns high ratings on J.D. Power, AM Best and BBB. Consumers seeking lower rates and more one-on-one customer service may be more satisfied with State Farm.
What others are saying
Since 2014, Elephant has earned a Richmond-Times Dispatch award as one of the Top Work Places. Happy employees usually result in great customer service and happy customers.
The bottom line
Elephant has a great selection of auto insurance options and a user-friendly website to offer customers and potential customers a convenient and seamless experience. While Elephant is higher than average in cost, you may qualify for multiple discounts that could result in savings over other companies offering lower premiums. We recommend seeking multiple auto insurance quotes to see if Elephant is a good option for you.
Brought to you by Google News. Read the rest of the article here.